May 20, 2020
Richard and I are deeply committed to making sure that our customers are able to safely enjoy browsing through the Argosy, as well as keeping ourselves and our employees safe at the same time.
We have followed the current WorkSafeBC Covid 19 Safety Plan to come up with guidelines for conducting our business safely. It is a comprehensive, multi-step process that means that customers are protected when they come into the Argosy, and that workers are protected too.
These guidelines include the following:
- Do not visit the Argosy if you are unwell, have recently traveled outside the country, or are a close contact of someone who has tested positive for Covid-19.
- We have established and posted an occupancy limit of 2 customers in the Argosy at a time.
- We require anyone entering the store to sanitize their hands at the cleansing station we have provided.
- Our washroom will unfortunately no longer be available to customers.
- Physical barriers are in place at the front counter.
- Please respect social distancing rules of staying 2m from other people while in the store.
We have identified rules and guidelines for staff conduct and work completion, including hand-washing, a cleaning checklist, and protocols for any shared work space such as the front counter, plus occupancy limits for common areas and work areas.
You may see us wearing a mask when it is not possible to remain socially distant; for example, when loading an item into your vehicle. We have also set up protocols that ensure the items we purchase at auction or from walk-in customers will either be manually sanitized or will sit in quarantine until an appropriate length of time has passed.
Finally, we recognize that this is an evolving situation and that new areas of concern will probably arise as time goes on, and we encourage our customers and our employees to help us identify these risks as time goes on.
We are very excited to be open again and look forward to seeing you all in the store again soon.